We are pleased to welcome you to the F.K. Bemis Conference Center and the Gehl Mulva Science Center at the College of St. Norbert in De Pere, Wisconsin for the 77th annual meeting of the North Central Branch of the American Society for Microbiology on October 6th and 7th, 2017. The organizing committee is delighted to have a variety of speakers and poster presentations to offer our meeting attendees, interspersed with social time at coffee breaks, lunch and a reception.
A few program items:
- Presentations of all talks and all business meetings will be held in the F.K. Bemis Conference Center.
- Poster presentations will be held in the Gehl-Mulva Science Center.
- Student and Post-doctoral career development luncheon, 12:30-1:45pm–
At Friday’s buffet luncheon in the Hendrickson Dining Room, a panel of microbiologists from industry, clinical, and academic organizations will discuss their training, career paths, how they spend their workdays with student attendees.
- Poster session, 4:00-5:30pm – Presenters, please hang your poster in the GMS Concourse by 11:00 am on Friday. Please stand by your poster from 4:00-4:45 pm (odd numbered posters), or 4:45-5:30 (even numbered posters), especially students participating in the poster competition. We encourage everyone to attend and enjoy a pre-dinner snack.
- Reception and entertainment, 6:00-9:30 – at Titletown Brewing Company, 200 Dousman St, Green Bay, WI
- Business meeting, Saturday 8:15am – NCB-ASM updates; Election of 2018 NCB-ASM Officers and host of the 2018 meeting.
- Student presentation awards, Saturday 11:00am – Student presentations from four categories will be awarded cash prizes for first and second place: undergraduate student-oral, undergraduate student-poster, graduate student-oral, graduate student-poster.
Thank you for joining us and we hope you enjoy the meeting!
David Hunnicutt, President
St. Norbert College
Zachary Pratt, Vice-President
Christine Schneider, Secretary
Eric Lewllyn, Treasurer
St. Norbert College